At the former NATO there is the Napoli Horror Festival, three "horrible" days of role-playing games, street artists, secret tunnels and cinema.
Il 13, 14 and 15 September 2019 the former Base Born of Bagnoli is the Naples Horror Festival, substantial review of films, games and street performers with a varied and dense program.
This is a very complete event e articulated which aims to aggregate and exchange experiences, information and news on horror world in its widest sense, from the written page to the screen, from cosplay to music.
Two films are scheduled each day, two exhibitions, four performances, a competition, a escape room, debates and a jumpscare tunnel with projections and actors.
All the folds of horror, therefore, through the literature, cinema, psychology, music, visual arts, street art, the circus e emotional and sensory pathways.
For the film buffs, do not miss the screening of "The Exorcist", by William Friedkin and "Christine, the infernal machine", by John Carpenter. In addition, it is also possible to register for the competition for the Best Horror Cosplay and win a weekend for two people in Transylvania.
The Naples Horror Festival program
We dive into one of the secret tunnels of the former NATO.
Forbidden to children under the age of 10, pregnant women and the faint of heart.
The purpose of game is to be able to escape from a room, the so-called Horror Hotel. Forbidden to children of 18 years if not accompanied. Paid attraction and reservation required. By Escape Hotel Caserta.
Horror in Italy in the 50 / 60 years: by the Associazione Nuovo Cinema Paradiso, it brings together posters and original posters from the genre films of the 50 and 60 years; edited by Alberto Bruno.
"The sense of horror": a journey through the works of Artemisia Gentileschi, Goya, Francis Bacon, Shain Erin and many others; by Susy Penna.
Performances and shows
Artgarage in Bella 'mbriana: choreography by Emma Cianchi;
CRASC and Baracca dei Buffoni in "Apocalypse Parade" itinerant performance;
"NULLEAMAI FIRE PERFORMER" performance with fire;
"The hour of air" installation with actors;
Friday September 13
- Meeting "Secret Naples"By Marco Perillo.
- Presentation of the Narranti Postcard project "LEGEND NAPLES" by Gennaro Varavallo.
- Anticipation of the cultural project "POP MAP" of the innovative start-up Gcult.
- The horror in Naples from the sixteenth century, artistic interpretation for voice and images revealed with the aid of augmented reality.
- Prize-giving literary competition edited by Massimo Piccolo - author, director, curator of Cuzzolin publisher's "I narratori" series.
- Videos: Love at the last bite of John Landis; William Friedkin's exorcist
Saturday September 14
- Meeting"Italy and horror cinema, new generations”With: Sergio Stivaletti, Italian effector, director and screenwriter. For more than 30 years he has designed and created characters, creatures and monsters for cinema, television and theater.
- Daniele Misischia, director, Cristiano Ciccotti, screenwriter, Claudio Camilli, actor of "The End, Hell out";
- Federico Frusciante, film critic - youtuber.
- Award ceremony for short films.
- Presentation of the short "Wash me" by Francesco Prisco with Massimiliano Gallo (both are present).
- Flash Mob "Thriller" edited by Fabrizio di Cristofaro.
- Videos: Buriyng the ex by Joe Dante; Christine, the infernal machine of John Carpenter.
Sunday September 15
- Meeting "Fear, exploitation and antidotes" with the philosopher Prof. Giuseppe Limone, Professor of Philosophy of Law and Politics at the Second University of Naples, Faculty of Law; Professor Sergio Brancato, Professor of Sociology of Cultural and Communication Processes at the University of Naples Federico II; Anna Ceprano president of the Lega Coop Campania, and the writer Anemone Ledger.
- "Of the horrors and other demons" by Massimo Piccolo and Birdland
- Best horror pageant award ceremony
- Film: Scout Manual for the zombie apocalypse by Christopher B. Landon; War world Z by Marc Forster