Caravaggio returns to Naples with Tableaux Vivants 2019: from October to December the great masterpieces come to life
Tableaux Vivants 2019 will bring back to the Diocesan Museum of Naples the art of Caravaggio: starting from 20 October the actors will build Merisi's most famous works before the eyes of the spectators.
The staging of the Tableaux Vivants has very ancient origins and dates back to the eighteenth century: the actors, using appropriate props, recreate on the stage and in real time the most famous paintings of the world.
For the theatrical rendition of Caravaggio's works, he will be treated particularly stage lighting, in order to restore the sense of dramatic darkness that envelops all the figures painted by Michelangelo Merisi.
The performance provides 23 incredible scene changes, during which the actors will recreate as many well-known and lesser-known paintings of the great painter. To accompany this unforgettable and demanding performance will be performed music by Mozart, Vivaldi, Bach and Sibellius.
Access to the show also includes access to the Monumental Complex of Donnaregina.
Program Tableaux Vivants 2019
- 20 October - Beginning of shows 10 hours: 30 and 12 hours: 00
- 24 November - Beginning of shows 10 hours: 30 and 12 hours: 00
- 15 December - Beginning of shows 10 hours: 30 and 12 hours: 00
- 28 December - Beginning of shows 19 hours: 00 and 20 hours: 30
- 29 December - Beginning of shows 19 hours: 00 and 20 hours: 30