The Augusteo Theater of Naples dates back to the 20 years of the '900 and was built on a pre-existing theater designed by Luigi Vanvitelli in 1772.
In the 50 years of the last century some restorations were made which greatly improved the acoustics. Instead, the current aspect is due to a recovery work started in the 1992.
The Augusteo theater has hosted and hosts famous actors such as Alessandro Gassmann, Peppe Barra, Luca De Filippo and musicians of the caliber of Bruce Springsteen, Massimo Ranieri, Sergio Cammariere.
Information on the Augusteo Theater
- Box office Mon-Sat from 10: 30 to 19: 30, Sun 10.30-13.30
- Variable shows times
- Variable based on the shows
- Tel: 081 414243
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official website of the Augustan theater
How to get:
- Address: Piazza Duca D'Aosta 263 –80132 Naples
- From Piazza Garibaldi: L1 metro line, Toledo station