Follow us
About us

After 6 years in the field of online territorial promotion and after becoming the reference point for those who want to know the events of the city, we have welcomed the need of travelers and created a platform specially designed for them. Not only in Italian, but available in six other languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Russian and Japanese. And soon many others.

Made It srl.
V.A.T. nbr. 05075090968
Viale Antonio Gramsci, 11 - Naples (80122)

Available on Google Play

Church of Sant'Angelo a Nilo in Naples

Church of Sant'Angelo a Nilo in Naples

The church

Also said Brancaccio Chapel, the church was built by Cardinal Rinaldo Brancaccio in 1385, for his family.

It is located in Piazzetta Nilo, the district of the Alexandrians who placed the Hellenistic sculpture of the Nile whose cult they imported.

The interior

To the right of the main altar was the funerary monument of Rinaldo Brancaccio, the work of the sculptors Donatello and Michelozzo. The work highlights the phase of transition between Gothic and Renaissance forms and it is considered of irrepressible modernity.

On the High Altar there is the table of San Michele Arcangelo by Marco dal Pino.
To the Lombard Giovan Tommaso Malvito is attributed the tabernacle placed on the right side of the sacristy.
The architect and painter Arcangelo Guglielmelli, in the 1709, was commissioned to renovate the fourteenth-century church.

A post on the right side leads into the courtyard of the Palazzo Brancaccio which was based, from the 1690, of the first library open to the public. Shelves, books and manuscripts are kept in the Vittorio Emanuele III National Library. Shelves, books and manuscripts are kept in the Vittorio Emanuele III National Library.

Information on the Church of Sant'Angelo a Nilo

Opening time: not available

How to get:

  • Address: Piazzetta Nilo, 23 - 80134 Naples
  • Subway 1 Line: Università stop, at Piazza Ruggiero Bonghi turn left into Via Mezzocannone and, at the end, on the right you will find the Church | Bus: R2, 202, 460, E1, N1, N3, Umberto I stop - Cardocenter Medical Center (about 10 minutes on foot).
Rate this post
[Total: 2 Media: 5]

Church of Sant'Angelo a Nilo in Naples

Also called Cappella Brancaccio, the church was built by Cardinal Rinaldo Brancaccio in 1385, for his family.
Address: Piazzetta Nilo, 23
City: Naples
Region: Campania
Country: Italy
Coordinates: 45.4623292,9.175612
Operating hours: times not available or variable
Admission for visitors is free.

Tag: