Venice in Naples - Cinema Esteso is a film festival that will take place in October and will celebrate the Film Festival
Venice in Naples - Cinema Esteso 2019 has reached his ninth edition: between 22 and the 28 October, in the main ones Naples and Province cinemas, it will be possible to watch the films that participated in the last Venice Film Festival.
The event aims to to approach the youth of Naples and all movie fans to the latest productions of auteur cinema. Many of the films presented in Venice, in fact, do not reach cinemas and are not appreciated by the general public.
The rooms participating in the initiative are: Astra, Modernissimo, Institut Français, Pierrot, La Perla, Magic Vision of Casalnuovo, Vittoria di Aversa, Ricciardi Theater of Capua, Academy of Fine Arts.
Among the films to be screened:
The mafia is no longer what it used to be - film by Franco Maresco, special prize of the 2019 jury
The mayor of the Rione Sanità - film by Mario Martone
All this victory - film by Ahmad Ghossein, winner of the Venice International Critics' Week
Tuesday October 22
- At 17, from the Venice Documentary section, “800 mal einsam: ein tag mit dem filmemacher Edgar Reitz” by Anna Hepp
- At 19, Nunzia De Stefano presents "Nevia" (Venice, Orizzonti), her debut film.
- The evening continues with the winning films of the Venice International Critics' Week with the directors in the hall: the Best Short Film "Veronica non sa smoke" by Chiara Marotta, and "All this Victory" by the Lebanese Ahmad Ghossein.
Wednesday October 23
At the Astra Cinema
- 17 hours, “Scales”, from the week of the critics, of the young Arab director Shahad Ameen, present in the room.
- At the 19 "Gloria Mundi" by Robert Guédiguian,
- At 21,30 hours "State Funeral" by Sergei Loznitsa
Thursday 13th October
- 10 hours at the Modernissimo Cinema, projection for the high schools of “Lo sceicco bianco” by Federico Fellini (1952)
- At the Astra Cinema at 16,30 Enrico Ghezzi presents "Bu San (Goodbye, Dragon Inn) by Tsai Ming- Liang (2003)
- At 18, the critic, author and essayist and the "editorial staff" of Eccedance will exclusively show an extract from the private archive of Enrico Ghezzi to present the film in progress "The last days of humanity"
- At 18,30 movie "Pigeon shooting"
- Double screening at the Cinema Vittoria in Aversa (18,30 and 21,30) with “Il Sindaco del Rione Sanità” by Mario Martone
- At 21,30, in collaboration with Astradoc, "The Kingmaker" by Lauren Greenfield
- At the Cinema La Perla in Agnano at 20, from the Venice Authors' Days (Jury Prize), “My brother chases the dinosaurs” arrives
Friday 14th October
- At the Astra cinema at 16,30 "Bombay Rose" by Gitanjali Rao
- At 18 hours of "El Principe" by Sebastián Muñoz. Chile, 1970
- At 22, the preview of Pablo Larraín's latest film "Ema"
- At 18,30 hours at the Cinema Pierrot, "Tiro al Piccione" by Giuliano Montaldo
- At the Institut Francais Napoli at 19 "Mes jours de gloire" by Antoine de Bary
- In the morning for schools (10 hours) "The white sheik" by Fellini at the Cinema Pierrot, in collaboration with Arci Movie. Stefano Francia from Celle, curator of the Venice Classics section, will be present.
Saturday October 26
- At the Cinema Astra at 17 "Colectiv" by Alexander Nanau
- At 19,30 Nathalie Giacobino presents Archive Pills Cinecittà Light Institute: “Federico Fellini in frames”
- At 20 the documentary "Life as a B-Movie: Piero Vivarelli" by Fabrizio Laurenti and Niccolò Vivarelli,
- At 22 the Best Film of the Orizzonti "Atlantis" section by Valentyn Vasyanovych, introduced by Bruno Roberti
Sunday October 27
- At the Astra at 16 the animated film, Award for Best Screenplay in Venice, "No.7 Cherry Lane" by Yofan
- At 18,15 hours Maddalena Stornaiulo presents "Sufficiente"
- At 19 the director Franco Maresco with the screening of "The mafia is no longer what it once was", a journey inside the mafia and the antimafia in today's Palermo
- At the 21,30 the documentary film “If there is an afterlife I am fucked. Life and cinema of Claudio Caligari "by Simone Isola and Fausto Trombetta. The directors will also present the film to the vision of 18 at the Ricciardi Theater in Capua. At the Ricciardi, the screening of "All this Victory" by Ahamad Ghossein (International Critics' Week Grand Prix) follows at 21.
Monday October 28
- At 10 hours in the Aula Magna of the Academy of Fine Arts in Naples, screening of SIC @ SIC, the short films of the Critics' Week
- At 19 hours at the Institut Français, the documentary film about the revolutionary designer Pierre Cardin "House of Cardin" by P. David Ebersole, Todd Hughes. Rodrigo Basilicat Cardin, general manager of Pierre Cardin Group will be present. Greetings from the Consul General of France Laurent Burindes Roziers in Naples and Antonella Di Nocera.